Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness in the present is only shattered by comparison with the past.Doug Horton
- The ability to perform some task.
- (law) Meeting specified qualifications to perform.
- (linguistics) implicit knowledge of a language’s structure.
- "By the year 2000, American students will leave grades four, eight, and twelve having demonstrated competency in challenging subject matter including English, mathematics, science, history, and geography...." — Bill Clinton, My Life, 2004
- See also Wikisaurus:skill
law: meeting specified qualifications to perform
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web