Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Such as take lodgings in a head that's to be let unfurnished.Samuel Butler
See also compétition
- (RP) IPA: /ˌkɒmpəˈtɪʃən/, SAMPA: /%kQmp@"tIS@n/
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˌkɑːmpəˈtɪʃən/, SAMPA: /%kA:mp@"tIS@n/
- help, file
- (uncountable) The action of competing.
- The competition for this job is strong.
- (countable) A contest for a prize or award.
- The newspaper is featuring a competition to win a car.
action of competing
contest for a prize or award
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web