Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- used with certain words to add a notion similar to those conveyed by with, together, or joint
- congenial, congregation, console, consonant, construct, converge, etc.
- used with certain words to intensify their meaning
- col- before l: collaborate;
- com- before b, m, and p: combat, commit, compel;
- cor- before r: correlation;
- attached to certain words to obtain new, informal, subcultural words in which con- conveys a notion of:
From preposition cum (“‘with’”)
con- [[Category:Template:lang:la prefixes|con-]]
Before the letters b or p use the form com-. Sometimes the co- form is used instead.
Elsewhere on the web