Visit the forum if you have a language query!
[[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] concedere "give way, yield," from com- + cedere "to go, grant, give way", from Proto-Indo-European base *ked- "to go, yield".
- Rhymes: -iːd
Third person singular
- To yield or suffer; to surrender; to grant; as, to concede the point in question.
- He conceded the race once it was clear he could not win.
- To grant, as a right or privilege; to make concession of.
- To admit to be true; to acknowledge.
- To yield or make concession.
- (cricket) (of a bowler) to have runs scored off of one's bowling.
- third-person singular present indicative of conceder.
- second-person singular imperative of conceder.
Elsewhere on the web