Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- The act of conceiving.
- The state of being conceived; the beginning.
- The fertilization of a human ovum by a sperm to form a zygote.
- The start of pregnancy.
- The formation of a conceptus or an implanted embryo.
- The power or faculty of apprehending of forming an idea in the mind; the power of recalling a past sensation or perception; the ability to form mental abstractions.
- An image, idea, or notion formed in the mind; a concept, plan or design.
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible (Authorized Version), Genesis 3:16
- Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
- "conception" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
- IPA: /kɔ̃.kǝp.sjɔ̃/
- design (plan)
This French entry was created from the translations listed at design. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see conception in the French Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008
Elsewhere on the web