Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A person is never happy till their vague strivings has itself marked out its proper limitations.Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To disregard superiority when engaging with others
- Can they think me so broken, so debased / With corporal servitude, that my mind ever / Will condescend to such absurd commands? --Milton.
- Spain's mighty monarch, In gracious clemency, does condescend, / On these conditions, to become your friend. --Dryden.
- (intransitive) To assume a tone of superiority when it is unjustified
- Those who thought they were honoring me by condescending to address a few words to me. --F. W. Robinson.
- (intransitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To consent.
- All parties willingly condescended hereunto. --R. Carew.
Elsewhere on the web