Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If one only wished to be happy, this could be easily accomplished; but we wish to be happier that other people, and this is always difficult, for we believe others to be happier than they are.Charles De Montesquieu
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)m
Third person singular
- To strengthen; to make firm.
- To confer the Christian sacrament of confirmation.
- To assure the accuracy of previous statements.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Bulgarian: потвърждавам
- French: confirmer
- Hebrew: לאשר (le'asher) (3)
- Italian: confermare (1), cresimare (2)
- Spanish: confirmar
- Swedish: konfirmera (2), bekräfta (3)
- Arabic: يؤكد
Elsewhere on the web