Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do.Myrtle Auvil
to connect (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
- Rhymes: -ɛkt
Third person singular
- To join two or more pieces.
- After reading the directions, I saw that the piece labeled "A" connected to the piece labeled "B" by inserting the pegs into the holes.
- To join an electrical or telephone line to a circuit or network.
- When the technician connects my house, I'll be able to access the internet.
- To associate.
- I didn't connect my lost jewelry to the news of an area cat burglar until the police contacted me.
- To make a travel connection; to switch from one means of transport to another as part of the same trip.
- I'm flying to London where I connect with a flight heading to Hungary.
to join two or more pieces
to join an electrical or telephone line
make a travel connection
Elsewhere on the web