Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (verb) kənstrŭkt', /kənˈstrʌkt/, /k@n"strVkt/
- Rhymes: -ʌkt
- Something constructed from parts.
- The artwork was a construct of wire and tubes.
- A concept or model.
- Bohr's theoretical construct of the atom was soon superseded by quantum mechanics.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To build or form (something) by assembling parts.
- We constructed the radio from spares.
- (transitive) Similarly, to build (a sentence or an argument) by arranging words or ideas.
- A sentence may be constructed with a subject, verb and object.
- (transitive) (geometry) To draw (a geometric figure) by following precise specifications and using geometric tools and techniques.
- Construct a circle that touches each vertex of the given triangle.
- (build or form by assembling parts'): assemble, build, form, make, put together
- (build (a sentence or argument)): form
- (draw (a geometric figure)):
Elsewhere on the web