Visit the forum if you have a language query!
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
copyright (uncountable and countable. plural: copyrights)
- (uncountable) The right by law to be the entity which determines who may publish, copy and distribute a piece of writing, music, picture or other work of authorship.
- (countable) Such an exclusive right as it pertains to one or more specific works.
- (countable) The copyright symbol ©, a circumscribed C.
- If © is the international symbol for copyright, what should we use for the open source symbol?
Third person singular
- To place under a copyright.
- To obtain or secure a copyright for some literary or other artistic work.
Elsewhere on the web