Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.Pearl S. Buck
- IPA: /kɔɹ.ˈnɛt/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)nɪt
- A musical instrument of the brass family, slightly smaller than a trumpet, usually in the musical key of B-flat.
- Something shaped like a cone, notably:
- cornet, a wind instrument
- (metonymy) cornetist, the instrument's player
- cone-shaped paper, used as wrapping, e.g. for tobacco
- portable inkhorn
- leather container from throwing dice in certain games
- English: cornet
- Nouveau Petit Larousse illustré. Dictionnaire encyclopédique. Paris, Librairie Larousse, 1952, 146th edition
Elsewhere on the web
Onelook IATE IATE IATE IATE ProZ Dict.cc Wordnik IATE Linguee IATE