Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Like bees, they must put their lives into the sting they give.Ralph Waldo Emerson
- (UK) IPA: /ˌkɔː.nəˈkəʊ.pi.ə/, SAMPA: /%kO:.n@"k@U.pI.@/
- (US) IPA: /ˌkɔːr.nəˈkoʊ.pi.ə/, /ˌkɔːr.njəˈkoʊ.pi.ə/, SAMPA: /%kOrn(j)@"koUpi@/
- help, file
- (Greek mythology) A goat's horn endlessly overflowing with fruit, flowers and grain; or full of whatever its owner wanted.
- A hollow horn- or cone-shaped object, filled with edible or useful things.
- An abundance or plentiful supply.
- A student will receive a cornucopia of homework every day.
mythical horn endlessly overflowing with food and drink
hollow horn- or cone-shaped object, filled with edible or useful things
Elsewhere on the web