Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss.Thomas Carlyle
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- Simple past of can.
- Before I was blind, I could see very well.
- Used to politely ask for permission to do something
- Could I borrow your coat?
- Used to politely ask for someone else to do something
- Could you proof-read this email?
- Used to show the possibility that something might happen.
- We could rearrange the time if you like.
- Used to suggest something.
- You could try adding more salt to the soup.
Elsewhere on the web