Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can never end.Benjamin Disraeli
See also Cousin
- Rhymes: -ʌzən
- The son or daughter of a person’s uncle or aunt
- Any relation who is not a direct ancestor or descendant; one more distantly related than an aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, etc.
- Relations who have a common grandparent but different parents are first cousins; those with a common great-grandparent but different parents are second cousins, and so on; in general, one’s nth cousin is anyone other than oneself or one's siblings found by going back n+1 generations and then forward n+1 generations.
- The child of one’s first cousin is one’s first cousin once removed; the grandchild of one’s first cousin is one’s first cousin twice removed, and so on. For example, if Phil and Marie are first cousins, and Marie has a son Andre, then Phil and Andre are first cousins once removed.
- Down South (south of what?), the relation is considered the number of links between two people of common ancestry to the common aunt or uncle.
- (son or daughter of a person's uncle or aunt): first cousin
son or daughter of a person’s uncle or aunt
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
cousin m (plural cousins)
- cousin (male)
Cousin m (plural Cousins)
- a male cousin
Elsewhere on the web