Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is a sunbeam which may pass through a thousand bosoms without losing a particle of its original ray; nay, when it strikes on a kindred heart, like the converged light on a mirror, it reflects itself with redoubled brightness. It is not perfected till it is shared.Jane Porter
- (UK) enPR: krē'chə, IPA: /ˈkɹiːʧə/, SAMPA: /"kr\i:tS@/
- (US) enPR: krē'chər, IPA: /ˈkɻiːʧɚ/, SAMPA: /"kr\`i:tS@`/
- help, file
- Rhymes: -iːtʃə(r)
- A created thing, whether animate or inanimate.
- Anything created or not self-existent.
- A living being that moves of its own volition.
- An animal or human.
- A being subservient to or dependent upon another.
- In order to remind the Kapos they were just his creatures, the concentration camp commandant regularly gave one of them an arbitrary lashing on the bare; any willfullness meant replacing by a new, humbler creature
- For an explanation of the specialised use of the alternative spelling creäture, see its entry’s usage notes.
- ^ The Concise Oxford English Dictionary [Eleventh Edition]
- Plural form of creatura.
Elsewhere on the web