Visit the forum if you have a language query!
From Middle English cunte from Old English *cunte from West Proto-Germanic *kunte < Proto-Germanic *kunton. Cognate with Frisian kunte, dialectal Swedish kunta, dialectal Danish kunte, Dutch kont (“‘arse’”) and Icelandic kunta. A relationship to Latin cunnus has not been conclusively shown.
- Rhymes: -ʌnt
- (UK, Template loop detected: Template:context 2) The female genitalia, especially the vulva.
- If I’m honest, my favourite part of her body is probably her cunt.
- (UK, Template loop detected: Template:context 2) An extremely unpleasant or objectionable person (in US, especially a woman; in UK or Ireland, more usually a man).
- You're such a cunt!
- (UK, Template loop detected: Template:context 2) An objectionable object or item.
- Fix the car? I’ll sort the cunt out at the weekend.
- (UK, Template loop detected: Template:context 2) An unpleasant or difficult experience or incident.
- I had a real cunt of a day. It was a cunt of an experience getting through it.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A woman or women as a source of sex.
- I’m going to hit the clubs and see if I can get me some cunt.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) When used with certain adjectives such as good or funny, cunt can be used to describe a person in a positive manner. This is mostly done between male friends.
- Yes I do remember Dave, he was one funny cunt.
- Tom's a good cunt, he fixed my car and didn't even charge me for it!
- For examples of the usage of this word see the citations page.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Latin: (2): cunnus m.
- Portuguese: buceta, xoxota, xana
- Romanian: (2,4,5,6): pizdă f.
- Slovak: (2): piča f., kunda f.
- Czech: (2): piča f., kunda f.
- Spanish: (2): puta f., (3): cabrón m., hijo de puta m., malparido m., coñazo m.
Elsewhere on the web