Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
In love, as in gluttony, pleasure is a matter of the utmost precision.Italo Calvino
to curb (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
- kerb (British)
- (North America) A row of concrete along the edge of a road.
- A raised margin along the edge of something, as a strengthening.
- Something that checks or restrains.
- A riding or driving bit for a horse that has rein action that amplifies the pressure in the mouth by leverage advantage placing pressure on the poll via the crown piece of the bridle and the chin groove via a curb chain.
row of concrete along the edge of a road
Third person singular
- (transitive) To check, restrain or control.
- (transitive) To rein in.
- (transitive) To furnish with a curb.
Elsewhere on the web