Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Long is the road from conception to completion.Moliθre
to curl (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)l
- a piece or lock of curling hair; a ringlet
- a spin making the trajectory of an object curve
- (weightlifting): Any exercise performed by bending the arms or legs on the exertion, especially those that train the biceps.
- (curling) Movement of a moving rock away from a straight line
- (mathematics) Vector operator corresponding to the cross product of del and a given vectorial field.
piece or lock of curling hair; a ringlet
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- to cause to curve
- to make into a curl
- (calculus) A vector field denoting the rotation per unit area of a given vector field.
- To take part in curling
- I curl at my local club every weekend.
Elsewhere on the web