Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.James Branch Cabell
Third person singular
- (transitive)To cut into smaller pieces.
- You have to cut the pieces up so they can fit in the box
- (idiomatic)(transitive)To aggressively move in front of another vehicle.
- Delivery drivers are all the same. They all cut you up on the road
- (idiomatic) to be upset "She totally cut up about it"
to cut into smaller pieces
to aggressively move in front of another vehicle
to be upset
- In both senses, the object may appear before or after the particle. If it is a pronoun, it MUST precede the particle.
Elsewhere on the web