Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love may be blind, but it can sure find its way around in the dark!Source Unknown
- (geometry) A surface created by projecting a closed two-dimensional curve along an axis intersecting the plane of the curve.
- When the two-dimensional curve is a circle, the cylinder is called a circular cylinder. When the axis is perpendicular to the plane of the curve, the cylinder is called a right cylinder. In non-mathematical usage, both 'right and circular are usually implied.
- (geometry) A solid figure bounded by a cylinder and two parallel planes intersecting the cylinder.
- Any object in the form of a circular cylinder.
- A cylindrical cavity or chamber in a mechanism, such as the counterpart to a piston found in a piston-driven engine.
- A container in the form of a cylinder with rounded ends for storing pressurized gas.
- An early form of phonograph recording, made on a wax cylinder.
any cylindrical object
cavity or chamber
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
|Inflection for cylinder||Singular||Plural|
- (geometry) cylinder
Elsewhere on the web