Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It doesn't matter how new an idea is: what matters is how new it becomes.Elias Canetti
- shut, close
- dùin an dorus, shut the door
- enclose, surround
- lace, button (as with boots or shoes)
- darken, obscure
- Dhùin ceò bhliadhna air a dhèarrsa. The mists of the years has shrouded his splendour.
- The Illustrated Gaelic-English Dictionary (Birlinn Limited, 1901-1911, Compiled by Edward Dwelly)
- A Pronouncing and Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language (John Grant, Edinburgh, 1925, Compiled by Malcolm MacLennan)
Elsewhere on the web