Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Farms and in castles, in homes, studies, and cloisters—where sensible people manage to live relatively lusty and decent lives, as moral as they must be, as free as they may be, and as masterly as they can be. If we only knew it, this elusive arrangement is happiness.Erik H. Erikson
- A place, often on a farm, where milk is processed and turned into products such as butter and cheese.
- A shop selling dairy products.
- (also dairy products or dairy produce) Products produced from milk.
- (New Zealand) A corner-store, superette or 'mini-mart' of some description.
place, where milk is processed
shop selling dairy products
products produced from milk
corner-store, superette or 'mini-mart' of some description
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- "dairy." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. 15 Jun. 2007. Dictionary.com.
Adjectivedairy (not comparable)
- referring to products produced from milk.
- referring to the milk production and processing industries
- (UK) on food labelling, containing fats only from dairy sources (e.g. dairy ice cream)
referring to products produced from milk
on food labelling, containing fats only from dairy sources
Elsewhere on the web