Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A pity beyond all telling is hid in the heart of love.William Butler Yeats
- (grammar) Noting the case of a noun which expresses the remoter or indirect object, generally indicated in English by to or for with the objective.
- (law) In one’s gift; capable of being disposed of at will and pleasure, as an office.
- (law) Removable, as distinguished from perpetual; — said of an officer.
- (law) Given by a magistrate, as distinguished from being cast upon a party by the law — Burril. Bouvier
- The dative case.
- Feminine plural of dativo
dative n. pl.
- Plural form of dativ.
Elsewhere on the web