Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life's a bitch, and life's got lots of sisters.Ross Presser
See also Dawn
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To begin to brighten with daylight.
- Before a new day dawns.
- (intransitive) To start to appear or be realized.
- I don’t want to be there when the truth dawns.
to begin to brighten with daylight
to start to appear, to be realized
- (uncountable) The morning twilight period immediately before sunrise.
- (countable) The rising of the sun.
- (uncountable) The time when the sun rises.
- She rose before dawn to meet the train.
- (uncountable) The beginning.
- The dawn of civilisation.
- (rising of the sun): sunrise
- (time when the sun rises): daybreak, sunrise, sunup
- (beginning): beginning, onset, start
morning twilight period
rising of the sun
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web