Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
We think a happy life consists in tranquility of mind.Marcus T. Cicero
See also defacto
- Virtual, being such in effect or essence (rather than literally in fact) though not formally or wholly taken for granted, as opposed to de jure.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Of a political or military leader, exercising power without being legally established.
- Although the United States currently has no official language, it is largely monolingual with English being the de facto national language.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Of hardware or software, being widely used, but not conforming to a standard.
- in reality
- (Australia) A legally undeclared spouse. Usually spelled defacto.
Elsewhere on the web