Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is the paradox of life that the way to miss pleasure is to seek it first. The very first condition of lasting happiness is that a life should be full of purpose, aiming at something outside self.Hugo Black
See also Death
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- The cessation of life and all associated processes; the end of an organism's existence as an entity independent from its environment and its return to an inert, nonliving state.
- The death of my grandmother saddened the whole family.
- (often Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The personification of death as a hooded figure with a scythe; the Grim Reaper.
- When death walked in, a chill spread through the room.
Terms derived from the noun "death"
cessation of life
personification of death
- The Definition of Death - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Elsewhere on the web