Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is not a reward—it is a consequence. Suffering is not a punishment—it is a result.Robert Green Ingersoll
See also Deck
- Any flat surface that can be walked on: a balcony; a porch; a raised patio; a flat rooftop.
- A pack or set of playing cards.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The floorlike covering of the horizontal sections, or compartments, of a ship. Small vessels have only one deck; larger ships have two or three decks.
- Argh, maties! Swab the deck!
pack of playing cards
floorlike covering on a ship
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To dress, as the person; to clothe; especially, to clothe with more than ordinary elegance; to array, adorn, embellish or decorate.
- (uncommon) To furnish with a deck, as a vessel.
- (slang) In a fight or brawl, to knock someone to the floor, especially with a single punch.
- Wow, did you see her deck that guy that pinched her?
to clothe with more than ordinary elegance
Elsewhere on the web