Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.Fred Propp Jr.
- From Old French differer, from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] differre.
- From Middle French deferer, from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] deferre.
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)
Third person singular
- To delay, or postpone, especially to postpone induction into military service.
- To submit to the opinion or desire of another in respect to their judgment or authority.
to submit to the opinion or desire of another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web