Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
In the game of life it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season.Bill Baughan
See also définition
- (semantics) A statement of the meaning of a word or word group or a sign or symbol (dictionary definitions).
- A statement expressing the essential nature of something.
- The action or process of defining.
- The act of defining; determination of the limits.
- A product of defining.
- The action or power of describing, explaining, or making definite and clear.
- Her comic genius is beyond definition.
- Clarity of visual presentation, distinctness of outline or detail.
- The definition of a telescope.
- Improve the definition of an image.
- Clarity, especially of musical sound in reproduction.
- Sharp demarcation of outlines or limits.
- A jacket with distinct waist definition.
- (bodybuilding) The degree to which individual muscles are distinct on the body.
statement of the meaning of a word or word group or a sign or symbol
statement expressing the essential nature of something
action or process of defining
act of defining
product of defining
action or power of describing, explaining, or making definite
clarity of visual presentation, distinctness of outline or detail
clarity, especially of musical sound in reproduction
sharp demarcation of outlines or limits
bodybuilding: the degree to which individual muscles are distinct
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Genitive singular form of definitio.
- French: définition
Elsewhere on the web