Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.William Blake
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (geometry) A unit of measurement of angle equal to 1/360 of a circle's circumference.
- (physics) A unit of measurement of temperature on any of several scales, such as Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Any of various units used to express specific gravity, bitterness, darkness, etc. in manufacturing various commodities.
- The amount that an entity possesses a certain property; proportion or extent.
- To what degree do the two accounts of the accident concur?
- An award (generally superior to a diploma but inferior to a doctorate) bestowed by a university or, in some countries, a college, as an indication of academic achievement or occasionally bestowed to honor its recipient.
- (graph theory) The number of edges that a vertex takes part in; a valency.
- (mathematics) The sum of the exponents of a term; or, in the context of a polynomial, the highest degree of all its terms.
in geometry: unit of angle
unit of temperature
amount, proportion, extent
in graph theory: the number of edges that a vertex takes part in
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web