Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
In the book of life every page has two sides: we human beings fill the upper side with our plans, hopes and wishes, but providence writes on the other side, and what it ordains is seldom our goal.Nisami
- An inhabitant of a place; one who dwells in.
- The giant squid is one of many denizens of the deep.
- One who frequents a place.
- The denizens of that pub are of the roughest sort.
- (UK) A citizen naturalized through letters patent.
- Though born in Iceland, he became a denizen of Britain after leaving Oxford.
- (biology) Used to describe the range or habitat of an animal.
- The bald eagle is a denizen of the northern part of the state.
an inhabitant of a place; one who dwells in
one who frequents a place
(UK) a citizen naturalized through letters patent
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- (transitive, UK) To grant rights of citizenship to; to naturalize.
- He was denizened to Ireland after fleeing his home country.
Elsewhere on the web