Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't.Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Rhymes: -əʊt
Third person singular
- (transitive) To indicate; to mark.
- The yellow blazes denote the trail.
- (transitive) To make overt.
- The tears denoted her true feelings.
- (transitive) To refer to literally; to convey meaning.
- "Pre-" denotes "before."
To refer to literally; to convey meaning
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web