Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I love fools experiments. I am always making them.Charles Darwin
- An instance of descending
- We climbed the mountain with difficulty, but the descent was easier.
- A way down.
- We had difficulty in finding the correct descent.
- A sloping passage or incline.
- The descent into the cavern was wet and slippery.
- Lineage or hereditary derivation
- Our guide was of Welsh descent.
- A drop to a lower status or condition.
- After that, the holiday went into a steep descent.
- Sometimes confused with decent.
- (going down): ascent
An instance of descending
lineage or hereditary derivation
Elsewhere on the web