Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Adjectivedesignate (not comparable)
Third person singular
- To mark out and make known; to point out; to name; to indicate; to show; to distinguish by marks or description; to specify; as, to designate the boundaries of a country; to designate the rioters who are to be arrested.
- To call by a distinctive title; to name.
- To indicate or set apart for a purpose or duty; -- with to or for; to designate an officer for or to the command of a post or station.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Feminine plural of designato
Elsewhere on the web