Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes. Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.Henry Miller
- (uncountable) The action of detaching; separation.
- (uncountable) The state of being detached or disconnected; insulation.
- (uncountable) Indifference to the concerns of others; aloofness.
- (uncountable) Absence of bias; impartiality; objectivity.
- (uncountable) (military) The separation of a military unit from the main body for particular purpose or a special mission.
- (countable) (military) The unit so dispatched.
- (countable) (military) A permanent unit organized for special duties.
- (countable) Any smaller portion of a main body separately employed.
- Dutch: onpartijdigheid
Elsewhere on the web