Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If any person wish to be idle, let them fall in love.Ovid
- (uncountable) The process of developing; growth
- The development of this story has been slow.
- The organism has reached a crucial stage in its development.
- (countable) Something which has developed
- Our news team brings you the latest developments.
- (countable) A real estate development
- (uncountable) The application of new ideas to practical problems (cf. research)
- Our development department has produced three new adhesives this year.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The active placement of the pieces, or the process of achieving it
- White's development is good, but black's has been hampered by the pawn on e5.
process of developing
something which has developed
application of new ideas to practical problems (cf. research)
active placement of the pieces, or the process of achieving it
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web