Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (US and computing): dialog
From Ancient Greek διάλογος (dialogos) "conversation, discourse", from διά (dia) "through, inter" + λόγος (logos) "speech, oration, discourse", from διαλέγωμαι (dialegomai) "to converse", from διά + λέγειν (legein) "to speak".
- A conversation or other form of discourse between two or more individuals.
- Bill and Melinda maintained a dialogue via email over the course of their long-distance relationship.
- In a dramatic or literary presentation, the verbal parts of the script or text; the verbalizations of the actors or characters.
- The movie had great special effects, but the dialogue was lackluster.
- A literary form, where the presentation resembles a conversation.
- A literary historian, she specialized in the dialogues of ancient Greek philosophers.
- (computing) A dialogue box.
- Once the My Computer dialogue opens, select Local Disk (C:), then right click and scroll down.
Third person singular
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To discuss or negotiate so that all parties can reach an understanding.
- Pearson wanted to dialogue with his overseas counterparts about the new reporting requirements.
Elsewhere on the web