Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is only one happiness in life—to love and to be loved.George Sand
- The food and beverage a person or animal consumes.
- The diet of the Giant Panda consists mainly of bamboo.
- (countable) A controlled regimen of food and drink, as to gain or lose weight or otherwise influence health.
- By extension, any habitual intake or consumption.
- He's been reading a steady diet of nonfiction for the last several years.
- (countable) A council or assembly of leaders; a formal deliberative assembly.
food a person or animal consumes
controlled regimen of food
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To modify one's food and beverage intake so as to decrease or increase body weight or influence health.
Elsewhere on the web