Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (uncountable) The quality of being different.
- You need to learn to be more tolerant of difference.
- (countable) A characteristic of something that makes it different from something else.
- There are three differences between these two pictures.
- (countable) A disagreement or argument.
- (countable, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The result of a subtraction; sometimes the absolute value of this result.
- (characteristic of something that makes it different from something else): departure, deviation, divergence
- (disagreement or argument about something important): conflict, difference of opinion, dispute, dissension
- (arithmetic: result of a subtraction): remainder
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To distinguish or differentiate.
Elsewhere on the web