Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A single aspect of a given thing.
- A measure of spatial extent in a particular direction, such as height, width or breadth, or depth.
- A construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished.
- (geometry) Any of the independent coordinates used to specify uniquely the location of a point in a space.
- (linear algebra) The number of elements of any basis of a vector space.
- (physics) One of the physical property regarded as a fundamental measure of a physical quantity, such as mass, length and time.
- The dimensions of velocity are length divided by time.
- (computing) Any of the independent ranges of indices in a multidimensional array.
- (science fiction) An alternative universe or plane of existence.
- (single aspect of a thing): aspect
- (measure of spatial extent): magnitude, proportion, size, scope
- (construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished): attribute, property
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- Genitive singular form of dimensio.
dimension f. (plural dimensions)
Elsewhere on the web