Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Yet each man kills the thing he loves from all let this be heard some does it with a bitter look some with a flattering word the coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword.Oscar Wilde
- Unpreparedness, unwillingness, or inability to believe that something is the case.
- She cried out in disbelief on hearing that terrorists had crashed an airplane into the World Trade Center in New York City.
- I stared in disbelief at the Grand Canyon.
Unpreparedness, unwillingness, or inability to believe that something is the case
- “disbelief” in An American Dictionary of the English Language, by Noah Webster, 1828.
- “disbelief” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- “disbelief” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
Elsewhere on the web