Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Perhaps the old monks were right when they tried to root love out; perhaps the poets are right when they try to water it. It is a blood-red flower, with the color of sin; but there is always the scent of a god about it.Olive Schreiner
- Something discovered.
- This latest discovery should eventually lead to much better treatments for disease.
- (uncountable) The discovering of new things.
- The purpose of the voyage was discovery.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A pre-trial phase in which evidence is gathered.
- The prosecution moved to supress certain items turned up during discovery.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Materials revealed to the opposing party during the pre-trial phase in which evidence is gathered.
- The defense argued that the plaintiff's discovery was inadequate.
the discovering of new things
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web