Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can never end.Benjamin Disraeli
- Rhymes: -ɪs
Third person singular
- To discharge; to end the employment or service of.
- The company dismissed me after less than a year.
- To order to leave.
- The soldiers were dismissed after the parade.
- To dispel; to rid one's mind of.
- He dismissed all thoughts of acting again.
- To reject; to refuse to accept
- The court dismissed the case.
- (cricket) To get a batsman out.
- He was dismissed for 99 runs.
(cricket) To get a batsman out
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web