Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Third person singular
- (transitive) To split or separate (something) into two or more parts.
- (transitive) To share (something) by dividing it.
- How shall we divide this pie?
- (transitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To calculate the number (the quotient) by which you must multiply one given number (the divisor) to produce a second given number (the dividend).
- If you divide 6 by 3, you get 2.
- (intransitive) To separate into two or more parts.
- (intransitive) (biology) Of a cell, to reproduce by dividing.
- (split or separate into two or more parts): cut up, partition, separate, split, split up
- (share by dividing): divi up, divide up, share, share out
- (separate into two or more parts): separate, shear, split, split up
- A thing that divides.
- Stay on your side of the divide, please.
- An act of dividing.
- The divide left most of the good land on my share of the property.
- A distancing between two people or things.
- There is a great divide between us.
- third-person singular indicative present of dividere
Elsewhere on the web