Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
No mans error becomes his own Law; nor obliges him to persist in it.Thomas Hobbes
See also división
- (uncountable) The act or process of dividing anything.
- Each of the separate parts of something resulting from division.
- (arithmetic) (uncountable) The process of dividing a number by another.
- (arithmetic) A calculation that involves this process.
- I've got ten divisions to do for my homework.
- (military) A military formation, usually made up of two or three brigades.
- A section of a large company.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A rank (Latin divisio) below kingdom and above class, particularly used of plants or fungi, also (particularly of animals) called a phylum; a taxon at that rank
- Magnolias belong to the division Magnoliophyta.
- A disagreement; a difference of viewpoint between two sides of an argument.
- (music) A florid instrumental variation of a melody in the 17th and 18th centuries, originally conceived as the dividing of each of a succession of long notes into several short ones.
- (music) A set of pipes in a pipe organ which are independently controlled and supplied.
- (law) A concept whereby a common group of debtors are only responsible for their proportionate sum of the total debt.
act or process of dividing anything
each of the parts resulting from division
arithmetic: process of dividing a number by another
arithmetic: calculation involving this process
large military unit
section of a large company
biology: taxonomic classification of plants
law: concept of separate responsibility
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
|Inflection for division||Singular||Plural|
- division; act of dividing (e.g. numbers); large military unit; section of a company
- (sports) division, league; a organization of sports teams that habitually play against each other for a championship; the level on which a certain team plays, as compared to others
Elsewhere on the web