Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (RP): dŏ'kyo͝omənt, ˈdɒkjʊmənt, /"dQkjUm@nt/
- (US): dä'kyo͝omənt, ˈdɑkjʊmənt, /"dAkjUm@nt/
- An original or official paper relied upon as the basis, proof, or support of anything else, including any writing, book, or other instrument conveying information pertinent to such proof or support. Any material substance on which the thoughts of men are represented by any species of conventional mark or symbol.
- (obsolete) That which is taught or authoritatively set forth; precept; instruction; dogma.
- (obsolete) An example for instruction or warning.
Third person singular
- To record in documents.
- He documented each step of the process as he did it, which was good when the investigation occurred.
- To furnish with documents or papers necessary to establish facts or give information.
- A ship should be documented according to the directions of law.
document m. (plural documents)
Elsewhere on the web