Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Make the mistakes of yesterday your lessons for today.Source Unknown
For sense 1: The English, historically, found Dutch a particularly difficult language to understand so anything that was completely incomprehensible would be double Dutch, i.e. twice as hard as Dutch.
Noundouble Dutch (-)
- Incomprehensible language.
- A language game akin to pig Latin.
- A game of jump rope with two ropes and frequently two jumpers.
- (colloquial) Sex using a condom and the contraceptive pill at the same time.
- A date where both man and woman pay for their portion of the bill.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.