Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Ideas are fatal to caste.Edward M. Forster
- Rhymes: -ʌŋk
Third person singular
- To submerge briefly in a liquid.
- I like to dunk my donut in my coffee.
- To set down carelessly.
- Parents shouldn't just dunk their kids in front of the TV.
- (basketball) (also intransitive) To put the ball directly downward through the hoop while grabbing onto the rom with power.
- The center spun quickly and dunked the ball with authority.
- The act of dunking, particularly in basketball.
- The point guard threaded a pass with pinpoint precision to the power forward for an easy dunk.
Elsewhere on the web