Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life's a bitch, and life's got lots of sisters.Ross Presser
See also dutý
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- That which one is morally or legally obligated to do.
- England expects that every man will do his duty. (Nelson)
- She felt it was her bounten duty to tell the police about the incident.
- A period of time spent at work or doing a particular task.
- I’m on duty from 6 pm to 6 am.
- describing a workload as to its idle, working and de-energized periods.
- A tax placed on imports or exports; a tariff.
- duty-free (taxes)
that which one is morally or legally obligated to do
period of time
Elsewhere on the web