Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A person is never happy till their vague strivings has itself marked out its proper limitations.Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Old English eahta
- The cardinal number occurring after seven and before nine. Ordinal: eighth.
- Describing a set or group with eight components.
- He works eight hours a day.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Any of the four cards in a normal deck with the value eight.
- The digit/figure 8.
- (nautical) A light, narrow rowing boat, especially one used in competitive rowing, steered by a cox, in which a eight rowers each have two oars
- (rowing, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A race in which such craft participate
Playing card with value 8
The digit/figure 8
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web